I did it! Idid it! I finally did the cheese cake – at HOME!! 😀 I had been googling for the recipe for many days now and somehow I didnt feel like making it right. But I decided to give it a try yesterday and it turned out perfect. The more satisfying part is that the Cream Cheese was also home prepared. One of the reasons for pushing out this recipe was the unavailability of cream cheese in my locality. After searching hopelessly many times, I found it yesterday in one of the big super markets – but it was too costly that I couldnt bring myself to buy it. I got myself determined to try out preparing cream cheese at home and it turned out so good with very minimal cost. The cake is so velvety, silky rich with mango flavor that one cant stand its temptation! Going to the recipe –
- Digestive biscuits – 10 to 12
- Melted butter – 3 tbsp
- Cream Cheese – 1 cup
- Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 4-5 tbsp
- Sweetened Mango Puree – 2 cups
- Gelatine – 1 tbsp
- Hot Water – 1/4 cup
- Powder the digestive biscuits in a blender and mix it well with the melted butter until the mixture comes together. Line the glass bowls/cups/springform pan with the layer of this biscuit mixture. Press it well with the help of a spoon or using the thumb finger. This is the first layer and must be pressed tight. Leave the cups in the fridge until the cream cheese layer is done.
- To prepare the cream cheese layer, take a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese with fresh cream and powdered sugar. Beat it with the hand beater until its mixed well and the mixture is creamy.
- Mix the gelatine with hot water until there are no lumps.
- Bring the gelatine mixture together with the sweetened mango puree and mix well.
- Take half of the gelatine mixed mango puree and mix it with the cream cheese.
- Take out the cups from the fridge and fill the cream cheese into the cups. Put them back into the fridge for atleast half an hour.
- Once the cream cheese layer is semi firm, pour in the remaining half of the mango puree into each of the cups.
- Set the cups in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Mango Cheese cake is ready to served chill 🙂
Home Made Cream Cheese Preparation:
- Bring half a litre of milk to boil. (Use skimmed milk for low fat cream cheese and heavy cream milk for heavy cream cheese)
- Add 2-3 tsp of lemon juice to the boiling milk and keep stirring until the milk curdles fully.
- Filter the mixture through a muslin cloth and remove all the water. Repeat filtering if req.
- Take a blender and run the milk solids until there are no lumps.
- Pour in 2-3 tsp of milk into the milk solids and run the blender on high speed until there is a creamy consistency.
- Cream Cheese is ready to be used.
Home Made Mango Puree Preparation:
- Slice the mango and make it into a smooth paste by running it through a blender.
- Add sugar as per the sweetness required.
- Blend the mixture in the blender until the puree is silky and smooth.
- Mango Puree is ready to be used.