I had a pack of walnuts that had been lying unused for a long time now and I wanted to use them as soon as possible. Banana walnut muffins was one which I had been wanting to prepare for a long time now. When I could find an eggless version, I was happy beyond bounds 😀 I immediately started to work on it and I must admit that this is one recipes that can be prepared in less than 10 mins prep-time. Very Instant – Very Tasty.
- Bananas mashed – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup
- Flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Sugar Powdered- 1/2 of 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Take a mixing bowl and mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered sugar) together.
- Take another bowl and add banana mash, oil, vanilla essence and walnuts (save a few for sprinkling on the top of the muffin) and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and fold gently. Do not beat.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins.
- Line the muffin tray or mould with the muffin liners and fill them about 3/4th (as the muffins raise when baking). Sprinkle some of the chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake them at 180°C for 20 mins and toast them for 2-3 mins.
- Cook them for about 10 mins before serving. The fluffy muffins would be moist and tasty.