I got my hands into a very simple cake making, that can be prepared in less than 20 mins flat. Its the Boost Cake as I call it now I am sure any lovers of chocolate will love this dish to bits and its just a matter of 15-20mins before you can feel the gooeyness of the chocolate satisfying your taste buds. I was badly feeling like having a dessert after Sunday lunch and this cake was just perfect. The highlight of this cake is – it uses neither flour nor oil/butter nor eggs. Did I not mention its a chocolate goodness that is almost fat free? Before I can brag further, here is the recipe!
- Chocolate cream biscuits powdered- 1 cup (I used Dark Fantasy biscuits with praline cream filling)
- Marie biscuits powdered – 1 cup
- Boost (or any chocolate health drink/cocoa powder) – 2-3 tbsp
- Milk (I used low fat) – 1 cup or add more if required
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10-15 mins.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the powdered chocolate cream biscuits, marie biscuits, baking powder and boost. Mix it thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk (cold) and beat the mixture for 1 minute. The cake batter should be of the pourable consistency. Adjust the consistency by adding more or less milk.
- I found the sweetness of the cake just right for me. If you find it less sweet, you can add sugar (powdered) too.
- Line the baking dish with butter paper/parchment sheet. Its important for this cake to have lined as it might stick to the baking dish.
- Pour the prepared batter into the baking dish and bake it for 20 mins at 180°C.
- Check if the cake is cooked by inserting a knife or tooth pick in the center. Let it stay in the oven for 5 more mins before taking it out.
- Let it cool for 10 mins before inverting it out and cutting it.
This cake tastes the best warm – its more like a cake that tastes like pudding. Goes really well with Vanilla ice cream. Makes up a quick dessert that beats any store brought choco brownie. Next time I am going to add some chopped almonds just to enhance the texture . But believe me, it was best as it is I am sure, this cake can be safely prepared in microwave too. Go ahead and give yourself this treat soon!
PS – I am sure the cake stays for at least 2 days as I left the cake outside for 2 days and it tasted the same. We only reheated the cake in the microwave just before having it