Pineapple is one of our favourite fruits. I love it’s sweet juicy tangy flavour. Though it can be had as it is, last year I tried preparing pineapple squash and preserve. When the pineapple is too sour, I try adding a dash of chaat masala powder and instantly it turns amazing!
My love for grilled pineapple was realised for the first time in the Barbeque Nation. Though I love all their starters, it’s this grilled pineapple I love the most. Not just me, all of us at home enjoy it and ask for multiple serves. Everytime I taste grilled pineapple at BBQ Nation, I resolve to trying it at home only that I keep forgetting.
Last week when we saw some juicy pineapples in the super market, I suddenly remembered the grilled pineapple that I have wanted to try forever. The pineapple was coated in a layer of salt and paprika powder and I added a tsp of oil just so that the pineapple doesn’t go too dry. There are number of combinations one can try while grilling pineapple and for my first attempt, I just used the classic combination. There’s always the next time 🙂
To prepare Grilled Pineapple
Serves – 2
Time to prepare – 30mins
What I used –
Pineapple Slices, 7 to 8
Paprika Powder, 2 tsp
Salt, 1/2 tsp (adjust according to the sourness of the pineapple)
Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil, 1 tsp
How I made –
1. In a bowl, add the pineapple slices along with the paprika powder, salt and oil.
2. Gently mix and coat the spices on all pineapple pieces evenly.
3. Let the pineapple pieces soak and marinade in the spices for atleast 30mins.
4. Preheat the oven at 200deg for 10mins. Line a baking tray with baking sheet.
5. Arrange the pineapple slices on the tray and grill them for atleast 10mins on each side or until golden brown spots appear at 200deg C.
6. Serve hot as a starter or appetiser.
Note: The pineapple should be juicy. While grilling it caramelises and turns sweeter. Add salt according to the sourness of the pineapple. If it’s less sour, add a pinch more salt.