Long time no egg recipe on my blog no?! That’s why I have an awesome sandwich recipe today – Egg Salad Sandwich. The perfect hardboiled egg with the goodness of crispy crunchy salad made with lettuce, onions and jalapenos – yumminess guaranteed. I love boiled egg sandwiches and this is a much fancier version of just the boiled egg and mayo combination. Not only it makes for a tasty lunch or dinner, it is super easy to make. All you need is to hard boil eggs and meanwhile, whip up the easy salad. Mix everything together and tadaaaa – you are done 😀 This is a much loved dinner recipe at our home and a must try for all egg lovers! 🙂
Checkout my other sandwich recipes here!
To make Egg Salad Sandwich
What I used –
- Eggs Hardboiled, 2-3
- Brown Bread Slices, 4-6
- Iceberg Lettuce, few leaves
- Eggless Mayonnaise, 2 tbsp
- Paprika Powder, 1 tsp + extra (to sprinkle on top)
- Pickled Jalapenos, 6-7 pieces
- Onion, 1 medium
- Mustard Sauce, 2 tsp
- Salt, as required
How I made –
1. In a bowl, add roughly chopped iceberg lettuce (washed and patted dry), finely chopped onions, mustard sauce, chopped jalapenos, paprika powder and egg-less mayonnaise. Add salt required and mix well. The salad is ready.
2. To make the sandwich, place half of the prepared salad on a bread slice. Cut the boiled egg into four slices and place it on top of the salad. Sprinkle some paprika powder on top.
3. Serve immediately either as closed or open sandwich!
- For perfect hardboiled egg, boil the egg for 12 mins on medium flame and remove from heat. Run the egg in cold water and remove the shell.
- Egg can be mixed along with the salad. Also, egg can be chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Other vegetables can be added to the salad, but I wanted egg to be the main ingredient.
- I used eggless mayonnaise as I don’t like the egg version. Any flavored mayo can be added too.
- Serve the sandwich immediately – it can go soggy in some time.