Yay! It’s Friday finally 😀 In spite of this week being a short one, I felt like it has been going on forever. Friday is my most favorite day of the week and I can say that I desperately wait for it week after week. Imagine Friday evening, when you know you have the whole weekend stretched in front of you with absolutely nothing to worry about! And that’s what makes Friday awesome 🙂
Don’t you guys agree that Friday deserves a little celebration? I might have the perfect recipe for you. A super super super simple chocolate mug cake that can be put together in 5 mins. Yes! All it takes is just FIVE minutes. This recipe is so good, literally so good that I have made it a number of times ever since I gave it a first try. If you love chocolate, this recipe is for you. If you love cake, this recipe is for you. If you love simple easy desserts, this recipe is for you. If you love cake but have been watching your weight and calorie intake, this recipe is for you too! Considerably low fat, low calorie, single serving of chocolate cake in a mug is a blessing in chocolate disguise – I kid not!
In the past I have tried a lot of mug cake recipes. The ones that had the burnt eggy smell to the eggless ones that really didn’t feel any chocolaty. After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided that I am better off making cakes in my OTG – forget microwave. But.. but, few days back my sister claimed that a recipe worked wonderfully well for her and on top, it was an eggless recipe. So I took a look at this recipe link my sister shared and with the proof that it had worked for her, I set out to try it out immediately. Boy oh boy, am I glad or what I tried this recipe?! This is probably the most moist, tastiest, easiest, chocolaty cake (forget mug cake) that I had ever had. I literally licked the mug clean. As I mentioned, I have been making this everytime we have a chocolate or dessert craving and it works perfectly. A quick dessert fix in less than 5 mins. I have made very few modifications to the base recipe and it works like a charm. Try it for yourself to trust me.. You wont regret it I tell you 🙂
To make Eggless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake | 2-Minute Eggless Chocolate Cake
What I used –
- All Purpose Flour, ¼ cup
- Cocoa Powder, 2 tbsp
- Milk, ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- Sugar, 2 tbsp
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence, ¼ tsp
- Baking Powder, ¼ tsp
- Instant Coffee Powder, ¼ tsp
- Salt, a small pinch
How I made –
1. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, instant coffee powder and mix well. Add the wet ingredients – oil, milk, vanilla essence. Mix together so that there are no lumps. The mixture has to be thick but not too thick to not even fall off the spoon. If it is very thick, add 1 tbsp of extra milk.
2. Pour the batter into a microwavable mug/cup (ceramic and not plastic). Make sure the batter is either half-filled or filled upto 3/4th. Put it inside microwave and on high power, microwave for 60 secs. By now, the cake should have raised well and the center should not look wet. If seems little wet, set it for another 15 secs.
3. Remove from oven and serve hot.
- There is no sifting as such required with the dry ingredients but make sure there are no lumps when mixing the ingredients.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 1 tbsp of extra milk.
- Make sure milk is at room temperature.
- Each microwave is different and so are the settings. So, keep a close eye on the cake while microwaving. Only if it seems too wet in the center, keep it for extra 15-20 secs. It just takes a few seconds for the cake to burn in microwave. Or it could be too dry.
- Add choco chips on top just before microwaving for an addition goey chocolaty cake.
- Instant coffee powder is optional, especially if serving to kids.
- Don’t fill the cup/mug more than 3/4th as the batter could overflow while microwaving.
- I doubled up these quantities to make two cups of chocolate cake.