Not long ago when I posted my 5-ingredient Strawberry Lemon Tart recipe, I promised on posting one more strawberry recipe. Surprise surprise, it is one of our favorites – Strawberry Ice Cream. While those fresh strawberries lasted, I wanted to try out some simple recipes and what can be better than a homemade ice cream?
As I have mentioned before, I like strawberries for how beautiful they look and how fragrant they are, more so than the taste. Even at the peak of the season, those strawberries that we get here are not sweet and require a lot of sugar to balance out the sourness.
When I got this pack of strawberries, I couldnt resist clicking a few pictures. These days I dont spend much time photographing my ingredients although that is an interesting opportunity. Now that I look at how beautiful these strawberries look, I am inclined to click more pictures of ingredients too!
The basic recipe for my ice cream is very simple. Whisk cream and condensed milk together, set it to freeze. Without having a churner or an ice cream maker, this gets you the softest creamiest ice cream. I added in blended strawberry puree and kept the cream to puree ratio almost the same. What resulted was a beautiful, really fragrant, fruity ice cream made at the comforts of my home.
How to make easy Strawberry Ice Cream –
Detailed step by step picture tutorial of making no churn Strawberry Ice Cream –
1. In a bowl, add condensed milk.
2. Next add the low fat fresh cream along with Vanilla Essence (if using)
3. Whisk the mixture until creamy and frothy.
4. Chop Strawberries into cubes.
5. In a blender, add chopped strawberries and blend it smooth.
6. Add pureed strawberry to the cream mixture.
7. Whisk well until the mixture is uniform.
8. Pour into an aluminum tray or air tight container.
9. Cover it with cling film and set it to freeze for 3-4 hrs.
10. Scoop out and serve immediately!
- If you don’t like the taste of milk cream, replace it with coconut cream.
- As condensed milk has enough sweetness, I don’t add any extra sugar. Check for the sweetness once the ice cream mixture is ready and make adjustments as needed.
- Cream and condensed milk can be heated on a low flame for few minutes, cooled down and then mixed with strawberries. This helps take away some milk under-taste.
- Vanilla essence is optional and to mask milk taste.
- For a creamier ice cream, blend/whisk the semi set ice cream once or twice. This helps the ice crystals from forming.
- Aluminum helps set the ice cream faster. Any airtight container can be used too.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart