Paneer Bhurji is a delicious preparation of scrambled cottage cheese with minimal spices and a masala mixture of onions and tomatoes. With Paneer being protein rich, this is a boon for many vegetarians and those who are looking for healthy meat substitutions.
Usually when I make Paneer/Cottage Cheese at home, I prepare some Paneer gravy based dishes that are popular in restaurants. Be it Paneer Butter Masala or Paneer Tikka Masala or the likes of it, there is some level of preparation required. On the other hand, Paneer Bhurji is so simple and super easy to make. No preparations, nothing. Have onions and tomatoes chopped, Paneer grated/scrambled. Your Paneer Bhurji will be done in 10 mins flat.
Paneer Bhurji goes really well with any kind of roti but usually when I make it at home, I stuff it in brown bread and turn it into Paneer Bhurji sandwiches. With pickled onions and lemon juice, there is nothing closer to heaven than a warm bite of Paneer Bhurji sandwich. This makes for a quick weekday dinner and if the Paneer Bhurji is prepared beforehand, dinner can be served in 5 mins 🙂
How to make Paneer Bhurji | Dry Paneer Bhurjia –
Detailed step by step picture tutorial of making Paneer Bhurji or Dry Paneer Bhurjia recipe –
1. In a pan, heat oil. Add shahjeera and let them splutter.
2. Add chopped onions and fry until translucent.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 or 2 mins until the raw smell is gone.
4. Next add in chopped tomatoes. Add turmeric powder and salt needed, cook tomatoes till mushy.
5. Meanwhile grate Paneer/Cottage Cheese and set aside.
6. Add red chilli powder and garam masala powder, cook for few minutes until oil starts to leave the edges.
7. Add grated paneer and mix it well on low flame. Check for salt and spiciness.
8. Remove from heat and add chopped coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with rotis or as a sandwich with bread. Optionally squeeze some lemon juice and serve with pickled onions.
- Refer to the homemade Paneer/Cottage Chese recipe here.
- Don’t cook the Paneer for long after adding. Quickly expose it to heat and remove it.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart