Super simple, fresh and delicious Mango Chia Pudding recipe is such a keeper. Whip up batches of this make ahead dessert that uses just four ingredients!
This week’s Mango recipe is here and it is a super simple, super delicious one at that. Mango Chia Pudding uses just four ingredients and can be made in a jiffy. It is a fresh, light and healthier dessert that doesn’t have a load of added sugar, without having to compromise on the deliciousness!
I think the internet broke a few years ago with this super food called chia seeds. To be honest, these looked much like the Sabja seeds or the sweet basil seeds that are available easily around here. And guess what, they work like a charm in just ten minutes. It is a regular fare to use Sabja seeds in Falooda and it adds a great texture. With all this, I never really intended to try out Chia Seeds. But recently I found a small pack in the super market and was intrigued.
For the starters, chia seeds have no taste of their own. When soaked in any liquid, they swell up and form gelatinous coat around them – which in turn doubles or even triples their quantity. For few days, I had these soaked Chia Seeds along with my fruits and I indeed felt filled up for my evening snack. For someone who is trying Chia Seeds for the first time, try a small quantity and make sure they are fully soaked. I did read some scary stories of eating dry chia seeds, although I don’t know how much of it is true.
And these mangoes. Can I ever get enough of these beauties?! These are organic Alphonso mangoes and see how some are perfectly ripe and some are set up for ripening in hay. Check out these delicious Mango recipes too!
Coming to this Mango Chia Seed Pudding, it is a perfect combination of two different textures – silky smooth mango puree and then gooey, gelatinous chia seeds. It is easy to make this into a vegan dessert by using almond/coconut milk in the place of regular milk. What more, it makes for a pretty dessert too! Go by your imagination and fill up layers of chia seeds and mango puree as you like!
How to make Mango Chia Pudding –
Detailed step by step picture tutorial of making Mango Chia Pudding –
1. In a bowl, take the chia seeds.
2. Add 1/2 cup of warm milk and let the chia seeds soak in the milk.
3. Keep the chia seeds soaking until they have doubled up in size.
4. Add 1 tsp of sugar and vanilla essence to the chia seeds. Mix well.
5. Meanwhile, add the chopped mangoes with 2 tsp of sugar in a blender. Don’t add any water.
6. Puree the mangoes until smooth and light.
7. Assemble the dessert by adding a layer of mango puree followed by chia seeds. Repeat until the dessert bowl or glass is filled. Serve chilled.
- In case if chia seeds are not available, use Sabja/sweet basil seeds.
- For vegan options, use almond or coconut milk.
- The soaking time for chia seeds can be anywhere between 30 mins to overnight.
- I used warm milk to fasten the soaking process.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar depending on the sweetness of mangoes.
- Add any dry fruit or nuts as desired.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart