Rich, creamy and luscious Instant Chocolate Ice Cream that requires just two ingredients! What’s best – it is vegan too.
Summer is slowly slipping away, guys! Yes I know, I know. Until few weeks back I cribbed about the constant heat and the hot sun but now, rains have begun in our part of the world. It is all going too quickly and before we know it, half of this year would be gone! Gosh, before I blabber more here is an amazing ice cream that is a such a mood lifter that it is a keeper – Instant Chocolate Ice Cream recipe that requires just two ingredients.
So what is this magical recipe that makes Instant Chocolate Ice Cream with just two ingredients? It is so so so simple – frozen ripe bananas and cocoa powder! Within few minutes, you can make a delicious softie serve ice cream that is so rich and decadent. I happened upon this trick quite by chance, looking at this quick recipe gif using frozen avocado. I had a light bulb moment, having some ripe bananas at home and viola, this instant chocolate ice cream was made.
Making ice cream at home isnt at all that difficult and there are a number of no-churn, no ice cream maker ice cream recipes like Vanilla Chocochip Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Strawberry Ice Cream but all of these require some preparation time and then, the difficult part being waiting for the ice cream to set. With this instant chocolate ice cream, throw in some chopped ripe bananas into the freezer and when you want, whip up this delicious ice cream – it is that simple! Check out the detailed step-wise recipe below.
How to make Instant Chocolate Ice Cream | Two Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream –
Detailed step by step picture tutorial of making Instant Chocolate Ice Cream | Two Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream –
1. Chop the ripe bananas into slices and freeze them overnight in an airtight container.
2. In a food processor or mixer jar, add the frozen banana slices. On high speed, blend until smooth.
3. Add cocoa powder and blend again until creamy.
4. If using sugar, blend it along until smooth/creamy.
5. Serve immediately in a cup or cone with sprinkles on top as desired.
6. Otherwise, scoop off and store in an air tight container in freezer until ready to serve.
- If the bananas are ripe and are sweet, skip sugar altogether.
- Instead of sugar, use honey.
- If the bananas are too hard or the mixture isnt churning, add 1 tbsp of milk (either regular or vegan options like coconut or almond)
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart