Make your own movie-style butter popcorn right at home with this easy video recipe! It is cheap, healthy and simply delicious 🙂
Every loves butter popcorn right? What if it can made right at home – no I am not taking about the instant, overly buttery ACTII popcorn. Nothing wrong with it except that I think it is not so good compared to popping your corn kernels with condiments you love. All you need is good corn kernels and the right technique to make it delicious! Don’t worry I got you covered with this simple recipe 🙂
About four years back, we started making butter popcorn at home, after a lot of trial and error, we seemed to have gotten it right. With that, we said good bye to the ready-to-eat or packaged stuff and that has been the best thing to happen. ‘Cos every Friday night is a movie date at home with some amazing homemade butter popcorn! And once you get used to making popcorn at home, there is no stopping at all – especially since it is melt in mouth and super fresh.
I usually make butter popcorn, pepper popcorn and caramel popcorn on a regular basis but my favorite is this simple, utterly butterly delicious salted butter popcorn! Though I had been making this for such a long time, I never really thought of posting the recipe here. Recently when I was talking to a friend, I realized that not many people know making popcorn at home is this simple. So, here is my adaption of the really simple butter popcorn recipe! Love corn? Then check out these yummy corn recipes.
Check out this one-minute video recipe of making Butter Popcorn at home. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
How to make Homemade Butter Popcorn –
Detailed recipe for making Homemade Butter Popcorn –
- In a heavy bottomed vessel (I used my pressure cooker), add 1/2 tbsp butter followed by 1 tbsp oil.
- As it gets really hot and begins to boil, add corn kernels and mix well.
- Keep it closed with a heavy lid (I used my pressure cooker lid) and keep shaking the vessel occasionally.
- Soon, the corn kernels will begin to pop – keep shaking the vessel so that most of the kernels pop up.
- After the popping stops, remove it from heat and open the lid.
- Add salt and mix it well.
- Serve warm immediately. Store in an air tight container for retaining the crispness and freshness.
- Check out the video recipe for details of making popcorn.
- Some corn kernels may never pop up and we would have to discard them. Choosing right kind of corn kernels is very important.
- I used a combination of oil and butter, but full butter or oil can also be used.
- Additionally, add pepper powder for making pepper popcorn.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart