Rich, creamy and insanely chocolicious Eggless Choco Lava Cake is super simple to make with this one minute video recipe. It hardly takes 15 mins from scratch and is egg-free too!
I have said this before and I will say it again – I have a love hate relationship with chocolate. There are times I absolutely can’t resist chocolate, especially dark bitter chocolate and then there are times I don’t want anything to do with chocolate at all. Either way, I love sweets and desserts – this blog is a proof for that.
Let’s just say that right now I am in a chocolate loving stage and have been making a lot of chocolate based desserts. This eggless choco lava cake is the result of that!
So, one thing is for sure. I have a few more chocolate based recipes coming up soon. While I love my eggless brownies or 2-min choco mug cake, I had been wanting to try out choco lava cake at home since so long. Especially the real deal – not the one with a choco piece inserted into cake batter to give that lava kind of texture. In my opinion, a perfect lava cake should have a soft, just enough cooked edges and top, while having a gooey chocolate center. Since I was not ready to insert a chocolate piece, my cake batter acts the choco lava. That means I was reluctant to use eggs. Best part of this recipe is that it is eggless choco lava cake – the cake batter is fit to be eaten even as it is 😀
I used dark chocolate and cadbury’s cocoa powder to make this eggless choco lava cake. As usual, my egg replacement is curd. I used butter to make this eggless choco lava cake but have been meaning to give this recipe a try with oil, will update this space soon. I would recommend using silicon cupcake moulds to make this eggless choco lava cake as it is very easy to un-mould the cake once done, without crumbling the whole thing. Another important thing is to cook these at 180°C for 6-8 mins only, just enough to cook the sides/top. The insides are super gooey when hot/warm and slightly set when cooled down.
Check out this video to make eggless choco lava cake right away!
How to make Eggless Choco Lava Cake | Choco Lava Cake Video Recipe –
Detailed recipe for making Eggless Choco Lava Cake –
- Sieve all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder a couple of times until combined well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate and butter. Microwave for a minute or so until the butter and chocolate melts. Mix them well until smooth. Alternatively, melt chocolate along with butter in a double boiler (place the bowl with chocolate and butter over hot boiling water)
- In another bowl, cream curd/yogurt along with sugar until it is smooth. Add baking soda and vanilla essence, mix well. Let this stay for a couple of minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- To this curd mixture, add melted chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold them gently until combined properly.
- Scoop out the mixture and fill the silicon cupcake moulds until 3/4th, leveling them as you go.
- In a preheated oven, bake them at 180°C for 6-8 minutes only. The edges and top should look baked.
- Once removed from oven, wait for 3-4 mins and gently flip them down. Carefully peel off the silicon mould. When the cake is cut, center should gooey and chocolatey.
- Serve warm with cocoa powder dusted on top.
- Oven timings differ for different brands, keep a close eye on the cake while baking. Don’t bake for more than 8 minutes.
- If this cake is baked for about 12-13 mins, it makes a very moist chocolate cake!
- Use fresh curd for best results.
- If the cake batter is too thick, add an additional tbsp. of curd as needed.
- Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart