Delicious Cheesy Butterflake Herb Loaf is perfect as it is, with a side of warm soup is so fulfilling 🙂 A step by step recipe for making a flaky herb bread loaf!
This week’s quota of bread recipe is here! I am super excited to share a cheesy butterflake herb loaf bread recipe is so easy to make at home, but looks so exotic and elegant. I love a good garlic bread and am always in the lookout for the next best recipe. By chance I happened to look at a delicious garlicky cheesy pull apart bread recipe that I had to give it a try right away.
This recipe for Cheesy Butterflake Herb Loaf is an adaptation from kingarthur’s blog and one of the best cheesy garlic bread recipes I made at home. The best part is that it is almost like a garlic pullapart bread, just that the pulled apart bread is in flakes – perfect to dip into warm soup! The next best thing about this bread is that is it forms a beautiful loaf, full of herby flavors.
I found that this cheesy butterflake herb loaf bread’s top is golden brown and light and crispy while the insides are cloud like and super soft. I filled each flake of bread with a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses along with a mix of Italian herbs like oregano, parsley, thyme and basil.And of course the garlic. The chilli flakes along with melted cheese is enough to make this bread a perfect snack on its own. I cut down the amount of butter used in the original recipe, there by adding more milk to get the same effect.
This loaf bread keeps well in the fridge for a week in an airtight container. All it needs is a minute or two in microwave to get back to the original softness. I served this with a warm tomato soup and it was perfect dinner for a couple of days!
How to make Cheesy Butterflake Herb Loaf Bread –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Cheesy Butterflake Herb Loaf Bread –
1. In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour along with active instant dry yeast, salt and sugar. Mix this well.
2. In a bowl, add milk and butter – heat this on low flame until the milk is warm and the butter is melted.
3. Add this melted milk butter mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Roughly mix the flour together until it is lumpy.
5. Tip out the dough onto a clean kitchen counter and knead it for 4-5 mins by stretching it away from you with the heel of your palm, rotating it by a quarter, folding it towards you and repeating this until the dough is soft and smooth. When the dough is pressed, it should bounce back. Place it in a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap.
6. Leave the dough in a warm place until it is double up in size.
7. Meanwhile, mix two types of grated cheese, red chilli flakes, mixed Italian herbs and finely chopped garlic.
8. Slightly punch it down and knead again for 2-3 mins.
9. Cut the dough in halves with a sharp knife. Take a ball of dough and roll into it a large circle of about 2mm thickness.
10. Using a cookie cutter or a bottle lid, cut small circles on the rolled out dough.
11. Take a piece of cut dough and place a tsp of prepared cheese garlic filling.
12. Fold that circle in half and place it in a well-greased bread tin.
13. Repeat this with rest of the dough and form the bread loaf.
14. Leave this in a warm place until it fills up the bread tin and doubles up in size. I sprinkled a tsp of oil along with the left over filling mixture all over the top.
15. Bake this bread in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 mins until it is golden brown. Serve warm or hot with a side of soup!
- Oven timings differ for different makes of oven – keep a close eye on the bread while baking.
- Choose a filling of any type as desired – the original recipe called for butter!
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart