Silky smooth, delicious eggless chocolate orange cheesecake with easy step-wise picture recipe! Chocolate and Orange is a match made in heaven – try this to believe me 🙂
First things first, I have a sweet news to share – this blog has made it to the Top 100 Indian Food Blogs, ranked at 54th 🙂 I am usually not a person going behind numbers but this made me jump out of joy – it feels surreal to look at the congratulatory e-mail even now, as this is something I never imagined to happen. Two years ago, if someone had told me all of this is in scope for me and my blog, I would have laughed out loud. Today, to see this blog reach where it is from literally nothing, I feel real happy. A special thanks to all my readers and friends who encourage me with all your appreciation, recipe trials and feedback – thank you so much! This sweet treat of Eggless Chocolate Orange Cheese Cake is just for you 🙂
I have already posted an eggless no-bake Mango Cheesecake a few years back. Although it is such a delicious treat, I wanted to try out something that doesn’t involve Gelatin or Agar Agar. I wanted to try out something that doesn’t involve milk or cream but carries a smooth texture of the mascarpone cheese that is usually used in preparing baked cheesecakes. And most importantly, I wanted an eggless recipe but at the same time, something that can be baked too. This Eggless Chocolate Orange Cheesecake ticks all boxes!
I used a simple yet effect ingredient to make my own creamy cheese layer and you would be surprised to know what that is – hung curd! Yes, you heard it right. I hung thick curd until all the water content is removed and the texture of it was super smooth. I flavored it with orange zest and made a separate layer of chocolate. My base layer is very simple – powdered biscuits with butter and orange juice. This eggless chocolate orange cheesecake requires baking but it takes less than 15 mins to put this together – I kid not! Go on and give this a try, you would not be disappointed.
How to make Eggless Chocolate Orange Cheesecake –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Eggless Chocolate Orange Cheesecake –
1. First powder the Marie biscuits until smooth.
2. In a bowl, add melted butter along with orange juice and Marie biscuit powder.
3. It should all come together.
4. Take a 7” tart pan/pie mould/springform pan and spread the base layer carefully without any gaps. Using a fork, make holes randomly so that the base doesn’t raise/crack. Bake this in a preheated oven at 180°C for 5-7 mins only. Remove it and let it cool down completely.
7. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave for a minute. Add orange zest and mix well. Use a tsp of milk if the chocolate is too thick. This has to be very smooth.
8. For the cheese layer, add thick hung curd (with no water content) along with orange juice, orange zest and condensed milk.
9. Whisk well until it is nice and creamy.
10. To assemble the cheesecake, pour melted chocolate over the base layer. In few minutes, the chocolate should thicken up. Or to fasten the process, refrigerate it for a few minutes.
11. Next add the orange cheese layer on top and cover the chocolate layer completely.
12. Bake this in a preheated oven at 180°C for 7-10 mins only until the cheese layer on top is firm.
13. Let this cool down completely. Place in refrigerator if needed. Decorate with chocolate shavings and candied orange rind. Serve cold for best taste.
- To prepare hung curd, place thick curd in muslin cloth and let it hang for 5-6hrs until there is no water content left. The resultant curd will be very smooth and cheese-like.
- Use fresh curd for best results.
- For both the base and the cheese cake, bake only for the specified times.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart