Simple, easy and delicious Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes recipe that yields very moist, tender and amazing results every single time. This step-wise recipe for eggless vanilla cupcakes is totally fail-proof and uses very basic ingredients.
Another cake recipe – second time in a row this week. It just shows that I have been trying out a lot of cakes and this is one such recipe I couldn’t wait to share. As much as I love chocolate based desserts, I wanted to make some basic recipes and the first thing that hit was this eggless vanilla cupcakes recipe.
Nothing can really beat the classic flavor of vanilla and that just shines in this simple eggless recipe of vanilla cupcakes. The best thing about cupcakes is that they are single serve and that means they are naturally portion controlled. When a large cake takes 30-35 mins to cook, these cupcake beauties get done in 12-15 mins.
While I wanted to just make eggless vanilla cupcakes, I wanted a rich frosting and what’s better than an absolutely delicious chocolate butter cream frosting?! I usually don’t make frosting for my cakes and prefer those that are plain.
But on that given day I was making these cupcakes, I was in the mood for something scrumptious and went with my instinct to make the cream frosting. There is a secret ingredient that made it much chocolatier and the husband who hates a butter cream frosting asked me to make this twice in a row 🙂
So this recipe is much similar to my eggless tutti-frutti cake with some minor tweaks to adapt it to cupcakes. As these are eggless, they store really well without losing the moistness or tenderness even for a week in refrigerator. I see this very commonly in oil based cakes rather than butter based ones and that’s why my first choice for fat is oil – the cakes are much softer, moist and delicious.
How to make Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes –
1. Sieve all-purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt a couple of times until everything is mixed well.
2. In a bowl, add sugar and curd/yogurt.
3. Beat on medium speed until sugar is dissolved well and the mixture is nicely frothy.
4. To this mixture, add oil.
5. Next add vanilla essence and whisk again for 1-2 mins.
6. The mixture should be smooth and nicely aerated.
7. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
8. Fold both the mixtures gently until combined well. If required add 1 tbsp of water if the mixture is too stiff.
9. Fill cupcake liners either 2/3 or 3/4 with the batter.
10. In a preheated oven, bake these cupcakes at 180°C for 12-13 mins or a tester comes out clean.
11. Let them cool down completely before frosting. Store in air tight container in fridge for longer shelf life.
- Make sure the yogurt used is fresh and plain (not sour).
- Pour the batter into cupcake moulds and bake immediately after the batter is prepared. This will help make soft, moist and well-raised cupcakes.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart