Soft spongy cheesy homemade pan pizza video recipe with step-wise picture recipes. This makes for a copycat version of your best restaurant style Pan Pizza recipe at home.
So whats the best thing about making Pizzas at home? You get to choose how thick or thin your crust has to be. You can have as many or as less toppings as you want. And finally, cheese! Different types of cheese and how much more or less as you want. You don’t have to wait for your pizza to be delivered, smelling of the card board with not so melting cheese but instead can make your own homemade pan pizza very easily.
Over the past few years I have been making my pizzas at home and my most favorite is this thin crust Margherita Pizza – best tasting tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves. But not everyone is a fan of thin crust pizzas. When you are craving for that thick, yet soft and spongy pizza base – you would need a fail-proof homemade pan pizza recipe and this is it!
I so wanted to get that proper rim and crust around the edges of my pan pizza and had been trying it for quite some time. There is no denying that a pizza hand tossed yields the best ever results rather than a rolled out one. For that perfect rim, I just started making small dents all around the edges, giving that slightly raised rim. The choice of veggies are completely optional and I used onions, capsicum, sweet corn and tomatoes with a lot of mozzarella cheese. It was so delicious straight out of the oven, better than any restaurant ever made!
Checkout this easy one minute recipe for making Homemade Pan Pizza below –
How to make Homemade Pan Pizza | Farmhouse Pizza Recipe –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Homemade Pan Pizza | Farmhouse Pizza Recipe –
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Add active instant dry yeast and mix it well. Let this sit for 3-5 mins until it doubles up and is frothy.
- Add all-purpose flour along with salt and olive oil. Mix it all well.
- Knead the dough until it is soft and pliable for about 3-5 mins. Place it in a greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it rest in a warm place for an hour or so until it doubles up in size.
- Slightly punch down the proofed dough and knead it again for 1-2 mins.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and take a ball of dough. Pat it on a dusted aluminum foil into a circle of about 1/2 an inch of thickness. Leaving about 1/2 an inch around the edge, start making dent around to form a rim.
- Drizzle few drops of olive oil over the top and add a tbsp. of pizza sauce, spread it evenly except for the rim.
- Next add a layer of grated mozzarella cheese evenly and then top with veggies followed by cheese again.
- Bake the pan pizza in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12-15 mins until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot immediately with dried mixed Italian herbs and chilli flakes on top.
- I used active instant dry yeast which can be used directly with the flour also. In case of regular active dry yeast, it is highly recommended to do the proofing to ensure that the yeast is good.
- Pizza Sauce Recipe here.
- Use any choice of veggies – mushrooms, baby corn, capsicum, onion, tomato, paneer and sweet corn. Make sure not to overfill the pizza with too many toppings.
For any questions or feedback, reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart