Get a kick of your favorite coffee in the form of cupcakes! Presenting to you only the best of Eggless Coffee Cupcakes. This easy step by step recipe makes one of the beautiful moist coffee cupcakes ever!
So the husband turned a year old couple of days ago and for the tired, just-back-from vacation souls that we were, I couldn’t plan anything better. For one, most of my pantry was empty except for the absolute essentials and the house looked tornado hit, literally. The husband couldn’t care less and was little happy that I was not fussing over his special day but I was not the one to let it go. With whatever I had at home, I made a simple feast at home and then, these Eggless Coffee Cupcakes happened.
For some time now, coffee cake has been on my mind. Not Mocha, but puree coffee flavored cake. I was in no mood to make a full sized cake and the idea of making little cupcakes sounded nice. I added some strong coffee decoction to the buttery batter and it was finger-licking delicious (On the side note, how many of you like licking the back of your spoon dipped in cake batter? Pls tell me I am not alone!) Most of my eggless cake recipes use buttermilk or thick curd as egg replacement but for these eggless coffee cupcakes, I used milk. Instead of using oil, I used butter for this recipe and I think I might give it a try with oil too. While oil lends a beautiful moist, airy texture to the cake, butter is just so flavorful and adds a little more structure.
For frosting the eggless coffee cupcakes, I used the same recipe I used for my vanilla cupcakes. Trust me, this frosting is so good and I have made this numerous times so far. I think the coffee flavor paired really well with the chocolate butter cream and the cupcakes were just delectable. I am going to share the frosting recipe soon, so look out for it!
How to make Eggless Coffee Cupcakes –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Eggless Coffee Cupcakes –
1. Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt a couple of times, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add butter along with powdered sugar and whip it until it smooth and creamy.
3. Add vanilla essence and whip again for a minute.
4. Next add milk and whip again slowly.
5. Add coffee decoction and whip again – if the mixture looks curdled, that is alright.
6. Now add flour mixture in parts and fold it in.
7. The batter should look smooth and light, without any lumps. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins at the least.
8. Scoop out the batter onto cupcake liners and fill each one only till they 2/3rd full.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12-15 mins or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and let them cool down completely before frosting.
10. Store them in fridge for longer shelf life. Stays good for 3-4 days, before losing moistness.
- For making coffee decoction using instant coffee powder, mix 2 tsp of coffee granules with 1/8 cup of warm water.
- The cupcakes do turn out a little dry after 3-4 days, because of the butter.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart