Step wise picture recipe for super easy and insanely delicious Chocolate Vanilla Cream Biscuits aka Homemade Oreo Biscuits! The biscuits are crispy, crunchy and melt-in-mouth chocolaty with a delicious Vanilla buttercream filling.
It has been my long time dream to make cream biscuits at home and recently tried my hands at making home-style Oreo biscuits, which the husband was quick to say Chocolate Vanilla Cream Biscuits. My initial plan was to make chocolate cookies, as I have craving for a chocolaty treat and as it usually happens, I kept changing the recipe I had in mind and eventually decided to do vanilla cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies.
My love for cream biscuits goes back to my childhood days. Out of everything, I loved two things – Milk Cream biscuits and Bourbon biscuits. There is a peculiar joy in splitting open the cookie, licking the cream and then eating the biscuits. The Oreo addiction happened only a few years back when it was introduced in India and given a choice, I would still go for Bourbon or milk cream.
This is an eggless recipe for Chocolate Vanilla Cream biscuits. I have used as little butter as needed to make these homestyle eggless oreo biscuits and they are deliciously chocolaty. They have a crunch to them and are mildly sweet. That’s why having a rich vanilla butter cream filling works like a magic.
My Vanilla Buttercream filling is very basic and obviously I didn’t fill every cookie with this. As I wanted to have my chocolate indulgence without too much guilt, saved half of them as it is and they are stored well in the fridge. Contrary to what I expected, the husband loved the cream filled chocolate biscuits and couldn’t stop with one or two at a time. Next time, I am going to make these decadent by filling with chocolate cream. If this excites you, do check out the other eggless bakes from this blog!
How to make Chocolate Vanilla Cream Biscuits | Homemade Oreo Biscuits –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Chocolate Vanilla Cream Biscuits | Homemade Oreo Biscuits –
1. In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Whip on medium speed until both are combined.
2. Add vanilla essence and whip again at medium speed for 1-2 mins.
3. In another bowl, add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well or sieve it once.
4. Add this flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
5. The mixture would look grainy but when held tightly, it should form a lump.
6. Add milk very little, a tsp at a time and knead this into a pliable dough.
7. The dough should not be very hard but at the same not very sticky. Wrap it with cling film and refrigerate for atleast 30 mins.
8. Roll the dough into a circle of about 2mm in thickness and cut it into desired shapes.
9. Place the cut cookies on a baking tray with ample space in between.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 10-12 mins. Let the cookies cool down before removing them out.
11. To make the vanilla cream, whip butter at room temperature for 1-2 mins and then add icing sugar. Whip it on medium speed for 2-4 mins.
12. Add 1/2 tsp of milk if required along with vanilla essence and whip again until the cream looks milky white and fluffy.
13. Once the cookies are completely cooled down, place a tsp of cream on top of a cookie and spread it evenly. Cover it with another cookie on top.
14. Serve with a glass of milk or as it is. Store in fridge for longer shelf life.
- Adjust oven timings as needed. Different ovens behave differently, keep a close eye on the cookies while baking.
- Skip cream filling if not desired.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart