A super simple recipe for restaurant style mushroom masala with step-wise pictures that gets done in about 20 minutes flat! This video recipe for a simple spicy creamy mushroom masala is a keeper, especially when you are pressed for time.
It is a known fact that we love mushrooms and my blog is a living example for the number of mushroom recipes that we try and make at home. From a spicy Chettinad Mushroom Biryani to a highly flavorful Chettinad Mushroom curry to Mushroom sauce Pasta to No Onion Mushroom Masala to Tandoori Mushroom Tikka to Mushroom Manchurian, I have a whole lot of mushroom recipes. And here is one more to add to that list – a simple yet really delicious and creamy Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala.
Cooking mushrooms is like a dream! All you need is 10-12 mins and as they quickly absorb any kind of spices, it is very easy to make something delicious with them. This recipe for restaurant style mushroom masala uses very limited number of spices but then results in a very flavorful semi-gravy that goes really well with any Indian bread or Pulao.
I used a little bit more oil than I would like to use otherwise but what’s a restaurant style mushroom masala gravy if not for the creamy, greasy bit. I also used some fresh cream to cut through the spiciness and that adds a little bit sweetness to an otherwise spicy mushroom masala. If you are watching your calories, cut down on the oil as well as cream, you would still have a perfect mushroom gravy. But for once in a while indulgence or when you have guests over, this is an easy dish to impress! Stay tuned to know what I served this with 🙂
While you are at this, do checkout a simple video recipe for this restaurant style mushroom masala. Subscribe, like and leave feedback, if you like I what did with it 🙂
How to make Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala –
Detailed recipe of making Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala –
- In a pan heat oil. Add cinnamon, cardamom and clove along with shahi jeera.
- Once they crackle, add finely chopped onions along with slit green chillies. Fry until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell is gone.
- Next add spice powders – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Fry for a minute.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
- Keep covered for 3-4 mins and when oil oozes out, add sliced mushrooms. Add salt as needed and mix well.
- Cook covered for 4-5 mins and mushrooms should leave enough water to cook. Add extra water as required. Cover again and cook for another 4-5 mins.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Let the gravy boil for a minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread or Pulao.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Fresh cream is optional and can also be replaced with almond/cashew cream for vegan options.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart