An exotic yet super simple recipe for making Homemade Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates with step-wise pictures. Nothing is easier than this recipe for healthy homemade copycat Reese’s peanut butter cups. Wrap them up for making pretty, edible gifts or enjoy it with your loved ones!
I know I have been sharing desserts here more often than not and I don’t regret it. After all, it is the festive season and the year is coming to an end! How else would you reward yourself than making delicious desserts? 🙂 Don’t give into the guilt and enjoy this season with some simple and delicious homemade treats! Here is one such delicious dessert recipe for this festive season – Homemade Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates!
My love for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups knows no bounds, I must admit. While the husband finds the peanut butter filling a tad bit salty, I find it really amazing complimenting with the chocolate flavor. It had been on my mind to try out these chocolate peanut butter cups at home and recently had huge success. Making these homemade peanut butter filled chocolates has major advantages. First you get to control the sweetness of the chocolate – use dark or milk chocolate as per preference. Next you can make your own peanut butter (which is insanely simple and healthy) and fill it into your chocolate to heart’s content. These are considerably healthy with no preservatives or hidden ingredients too!
Making homemade chocolate can be addictive and I was obsessed with it in the past. While the homemade instant chocolate and homemade cocoa powder chocolate are easy, it is not equivalent to tempered chocolate. In this recipe for homemade peanut butter filled chocolates, I used one of the easiest methods to temper chocolate and it worked wonders. I used coconut oil instead of butter to emulsify the cooking chocolate and loved the flavor. This recipe sure is a keeper, you can replace the filling to be anything really – from salted caramel, roasted nuts, raisins or fruit preserves and even fresh fruit – the options are endless! Do give it a try this festive season.
How to make Homemade Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Homemade Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates –
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add cooking chocolate along with coconut oil.
2. Microwave at full power for a minute and take it out, give it a quick whisk. The chocolate might still be chunky.
3. Repeat this process, microwaving for a minute, taking out and whisking it using a spoon until the mixture is silky smooth without any lumps.
4. Fill the chocolate mould to half with this chocolate mixture and put it in freezer for 2-5 mins.
5. The chocolate would be set firm and would look glossy.
6. Now add a layer of homemade peanut butter on the set chocolate layer.
7. Fill the top again with chocolate mixture and set again in freezer for 2-5 mins or until the top is firm.
8. Gently tap the inverted chocolate mould to remove the chocolates. Store them in airtight container in the fridge.
- I used Morde Dark Cooking/Baking Chocolate to make these homemade peanut butter filled chocolates. Milk Chocolate works well too.
- If you don’t have a microwave, use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Place a bowl of water on boil and put the chocolate bowl on top of it. Let the chocolate melt evenly.
- Don’t let the chocolate come in contact with water. Even a drop of it can arrest it and the chocolate becomes a big lump.
- Here is Homemade Peanut Butter recipe.
- Additionally, any nuts or other fillings work too.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart