Healthy and totally addictive roasted brussels sprouts with garlic and rosemary! Soft on the inside, perfectly crunchy on the outside, these take a few minutes to make at home. Choose these over your favorite fries any day!
I recently laid my hands on a lot of good, fresh organic produce at a very reasonable price that is hard to find by in big cities like Bangalore. So needless to say I went a little crazy and picked up a few things I had always dreamt of cooking in my kitchen. The first thing being Brussels Sprouts! Yes, you heard it right I actually wanted to cook these little things and I ended up loving it so much. I was contemplating whether to roast them on the stove top or the oven and decided on the latter. Next came the question of spices – luckily I had some rosemary too (from the organic produce) and I instantly knew that I was going for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary.
I just made some olive oil infused with fresh garlic and rosemary, let it rest for an hour. I then coated the brussels sprouts with some of that really aromatic oil and roasted until they were half way done. Just when they were ready to be flipped, I coated them with rest of the oil along with the garlic and rosemary, continued to roast them until they were crisp. That’s it. This is the recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary. Simple isnt it?!
Trust me, for someone who loves the unami flavor of cabbage, this is like truly delicious. And I am going to say it here – I would choose these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary over Potato chips. Did you know that these are powerhouses of many nutrients and have to ability to fill you up, without filling you out – very ideal for weight loss. Also, these are low calorie by nature and make for one of the best guilt free snack options. These roasted brussels sprouts are totally addictive and I just couldn’t stop popping them into my mouth! The best part is when they are made, they remain crisp for a few hours – so it works perfectly fine even if you want to make these a little ahead. Swap the spices, experiment, roast less, roast more – I am sure you will love this as much as I did 🙂
How to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Rosemary –
1. Add finely chopped garlic and rosemary into olive oil. Let it sit for an hour or so.
2. Remove the over layer of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in halves (or quarters if large). Add half of the garlic, rosemary infused olive oil, salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Toss them well.
3. Place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake them at 170°C for 12-15 mins.
4. Remove them from the oven, add remaining olive oil along with the garlic and rosemary. Toss them again.
5. Place them again on the baking tray and bake again for another 10-15 mins, turning them occasionally.
6. Once they are golden brown and caramelized on the edges, remove them from the oven.
7. Serve hot as a side or as a snack!
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Different oven brands take different cooking times, keep a close eye on the brussels sprouts during the second bake.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart