Mango Duet Ice Cream or simply Mango Vanilla Popsicle is such a delicious summer treat, made with the goodness of mangoes and creamy vanilla flavored milk. It is very easy to make, fun to look at and tasty to have!
Every so often, I keep looking for food props, plates, bowls and anything that I can use to improve my food photography. Last summer, I was looking for a popsicle mould that met my requirements and just couldn’t find one. During the core months of winter, I found something I liked and been saving it for months to make popsicles and share over here. That’s how those Creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops happened.
I had a line-up of popsicle recipes coming up, but then I fell sick and all my plans had to be put on hold. That’s when I happened to look at an amazing offer on one of the popsicle moulds I had been eying since long and I treated myself to a gift! Yes, I gifted myself and that’s the best kind if you ask me 🙂 Tovolo Groovy Popsicle mould is so good that I am inspired to make a few more popsicle recipes. Today it is one of my most favorites – Mango Vanilla Popsicle or Mango Duet Recipe!
Enough about my popsicle moulds and now onto the recipe – Mango Vanilla Popsicle! If you are an ice cream addict like me, you must have definitely known or even tried the Mango Duet Pops! It is a creamy mixture of mango and vanilla ice creams – making it one of the most divine ice cream combinations. Since I had the best mangoes (remember the Mango Sago Kheer), I decided to make these Mango Vanilla Popsicle as soon as my new popsicle mould arrived!
I am very much in love with this new popsicle mould and if you would like one for yourself, check out the below link –
Authentically to make vanilla ice cream, it is best to use fresh cream and condensed milk. Since I didn’t want these Mango Vanilla Popsicles to be loaded with calories and at the same time, allow my parents to enjoy them as well, I used milk. The problem with using just milk for making ice creams is that it can crystalize instead of being creamy. So I used corn flour as the thickening agent and it was just perfect! Luscious thick mango pulp and the creamy vanilla ice cream makes this Mango Duet Ice Cream oh-so-delicious 🙂 Do give it a try this summer.
If you don’t have popsicle moulds, don’t fret. Pour these mixtures in plastic cups or even paper cups, once they are half way set, insert an ice cream stick. Making stuff at home is simple and there always are workarounds! The best part about making these Mango Vanilla Popsicle or Mango Duet Pops at home is that, there are no preservatives, no hydrogenated fats or chemicals! All natural, best ingredients and the taste is unbeatable!
How to make Mango Vanilla Popsicle | Mango Duet Ice Cream –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Mango Vanilla Popsicle | Mango Duet Ice Cream –
1. Bring milk to a boil, reduce the flame and keep stirring for 3-4 mins.
2. Meanwhile, mix corn flour in little water or cooled down milk and pour it into the boiling milk.
3. Mix it well and keep stirring continuously until the milk is creamy and there is no raw smell/taste of corn flour. Remove from heat and mix sugar.
4. Add vanilla essence, mix well and remove from heat. Let this cool down completely.
5. Add sugar to the mango puree and let it dissolve completely.
6. In popsicle moulds, first add 2-3 tbsp of mango puree.
7. Next pour the vanilla milk mixture to the top. Set this in the freezer for 6-8hrs or overnight. If using the popsicle lid, close it right away but if using ice cream sticks, wait for the popsicle to be half set.
8. To remove the popsicle, run the mould in running water and rest for a couple of minutes. Gently pull it out. Serve immediately.
- Adjust sugar quantity depending on the sweetness preferred.
- For a vegan version, use coconut milk or almond milk. Don’t heat it and avoid corn flour.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart