A simple, lip-smacking and delicious restaurant style mixed veg gravy with detailed, step-wise picture recipe! Serve as a side dish for any Indian bread – it is perfect!
So I recently made some really delicious Mixed Vegetable Gravy, restaurant style recipe to go with our latest kitchen experiment, Laccha Cheese Naan and it was out of the world. I am taking a little break from summer recipes and sharing a simple mixed veg gravy. I have already shared quite a lot of side dishes that go well with Indian bread – Paneer gravies and curries, low calorie Malai Kofta Curry, Mushroom gravies and other mixed vegetable gravies. If you had been around for a while, you must know how much I love flat bread and a good side dish. This restaurant style mixed veg gravy is just so delicious.
A little digression here. Social media is like two sides of a coin. You find a lot of good, positive people who inspire you to be best version of yourself, there are a ton of ideas to be inspired from but at the same time, it is not easy to fall behind the numbers game, compare yourself to others and go down in a spiral. I choose to look at the positives, like getting this recipe idea from one of the many videos that showed up in my Instagram feed. I roughly took note of the recipe and modified it as I made this restaurant style mixed veg gravy in my kitchen. And, end of digression 😀
This recipe is slightly different from the other mixed vegetable gravies I have made in the past. It is rich, creamy and loaded with a lot of veggies – no cream or nuts or coconut. I made a paste of onions and tomatoes along with the spices – in fact caramelized the onions and tomatoes for a good measure. I then made a paste of them, cooked down the paste. Oh meanwhile, I roasted the veggies and added them to the gravy. A few spice powders in and a good amount of kasoor methi – the restaurant style mixed veg gravy is done! So check out the detailed recipe below 🙂
How to make Restaurant Style Mixed Veg Gravy | Mixed Vegetable Gravy –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Restaurant Style Mixed Veg Gravy | Mixed Vegetable Gravy –
1. In a thick bottomed pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add garlic pods, chopped ginger, cinnamon, cloves and green chillies. Fry for a couple of minutes.
2. Add chopped onions and tomatoes. Keep it covered and cook for 5-6 mins on medium flame.
3. Once they are caramelized, switch off the heat and let it cool down completely.
4. Add this to a blender jar along with coriander leaves.
5. Make a smooth paste out of it and keep it aside.
6. In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add chopped mixed vegetables. Fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins first.
7. Now add green peas and continue cooking for another 4-5 mins.
8. Once the vegetables are more than half cooked, remove them from heat and set aside.
9. In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add shahi jeera and let them splutter.
10. Add the prepared gravy paste and cook for 5-6 mins.
11. As the oil begins to ooze out of the sides, add red chilli powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
12. Cook for a few more minutes and add the roasted veggies and paneer.
13. Mix well, add few tbsp of water if the gravy is dry. Add crushed kasoor methi and mix it well.
14. Serve hot with some hot flat bread!
- It is recommended to let the veggies have a bite, so you should not overcook them.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Make this gravy a little runnier or keep it thick, as you prefer.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! You can also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart