Multi-layered Laccha Cheese Naan recipe with step-wise pictures. Make this delicious Cheesy Laccha Naan for your restaurant style dinner at home!
So I made Laccha Cheese Naan the other day to go with my Restaurant style Mixed Veg Gravy recipe. For anyone who knows me well, they would know about my love for Indian flat bread like roti, chapati, naan, paratha and kulcha. I don’t make Naan or Kulcha as regular as roti or paratha as it is slightly time consuming and seen as a labor of love. So, when I do plan to make it at home, I want my efforts to really pay off 🙂 That’s how we ended up making Laccha Cheese Naan.
This Laccha Cheese Naan is not your typical Naan recipe. I have already posted Whole Wheat Garlic Naan on stove top and I have also shared Stove Top Kulcha recipes in the past. This Naan recipe is different and in that it is a stuffed Naan recipe. This is not even a regularity in restaurants. So, I would call this a cross between a Naan and a Paratha. We stuffed this Naan with a mixture of Cheese and Finely Chopped Onions. Also, we used Whole Wheat Flour – the Naans stay fresh and soft for longer time.
It was perfect with the Mixed Veg Gravy but I wouldn’t lie – this is not light stuff. Loaded with lots of Cheese, it is definitely high calorie and should be once in a while indulgence. What I loved about making this Laccha Cheese Naan is that it is so simple to make – no yeast, no proofing as such. You just need to cook it on your tawa like a regular paratha. Time and again, it just proves that it is easier to make restaurant quality food (and even better) at home with ingredients that are easily available in our pantry at a fraction of the cost we spend outside. So, without further ado find the recipe below!
How to make Laccha Cheese Naan | Cheesy Laccha Naan –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Laccha Cheese Naan | Cheesy Laccha Naan –
1. First knead the whole wheat flour with enough water to make soft yet firm dough. Apply a few drops of oil on top and rest it for 10-15 mins.
2. Meanwhile add grated cheese, finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves, red chilli flakes, pepper powder and salt as needed.
3. Mix it well and keep it aside.
4. Make equal sized balls out of the prepared dough. Roll a ball of dough into a thin circle. Apply a layer of oil using a brush and then spread 1-2 tbsp of cheese onion mixture evenly over the top.
5. Start rolling it from one end and tightly seal the edges.
6. Now roll the log into a pinwheel starting on one end.
7. Apply some flour on both sides of the pinwheel and roll into a circle again such that the stuffing is evenly spread inside.
8. Cook on a hot tawa on medium flame until there are golden spots all over the Naan on both the sides. Apply butter or oil to cook the Naan evenly. Repeat this with rest of the dough. Once a few Naans are done, gently crush them from the sides so that the many layers (laccha) come out.
9. Serve hot with mixed veg gravy or paneer or mushroom gravy.
- I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese, use any type of cheese that’s available.
- Addition of onions and coriander leaves is optional. You can also use finely chopped spring onion.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart