You Make the best use of mangoes this summer with this most gorgeous and extremely delicious Mango Mastani recipe. This mango milkshake with ice cream is a tasty treat that is very easy to make.
I am sharing a really simple but gorgeous looking Mango Milkshake recipe with Ice Cream today. This Mango Mastani is a decadent version of milkshake that is made with ice cream and then topped off with dry fruits, chopped nuts and tutti frutti. In my part of the world, I would wish to say that the summer is coming to an end, as it rains almost every other evening now. But still, during the day it is super hot.
I am always looking for ways to increase the water intake of my family and sometimes, plain water could become boring. We usually make Kulukki Sarbath and we have Aam Panna quite often too. Just to indulge them a bit, I do make milk shakes too. Last week, I decided to do a fancy version of the mango milkshake by using some vanilla ice cream and turned it into Mango Mastani.
Mango Mastani is supposed to have originated in Pune, Maharashtra and named after the famous queen – Bhajirao Mastani. It is rich, decadent and not just gorgeous to look at but tastes wonderful too. Obviously it is not every day fare but makes up for a perfect opportunity to indulge once in a while. Especially with the best range of mangoes available now, it is very easy to put it together at home. It is one of the best party desserts, easy to make ahead too. You could use homemade mango ice cream or vanilla ice cream but if you are looking to cut down on the effort, store bought ice cream works well too.
It is served in long glasses filled with thick mango milkshake topped off with vanilla ice cream and assorted dry fruits, nuts, tutti frutti and cherries, adding to the contrasts of colors. You could customize the toppings as you please and yet, make a crowd-pleaser mango dessert under a few minutes.
How to make Mango Mastani | Mango Milkshake with Ice Cream –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Mango Mastani | Mango Milkshake with Ice Cream –
- In a blender jar, add mango pulp and sugar. Blend it until it is smooth and velvety.
- Now add cold milk and blend it until it thick and creamy. Set this mango milkshake in fridge until it is ready to serve.
- To serve mango mastani, fill your glasses to 3/4 with mango milkshake.
- Top off with 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with finely chopped almonds, pistachios and tutti frutti. Place a candied cherry on top.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also use mango ice cream instead vanilla ice cream too.
- Use any dry fruits and nuts that are available in your pantry.
- Adjust sugar quantity depending on the sweetness of your mangoes. You could increase it to 1/3 cup of sugar if the mangoes are slightly sour.
- Use 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream while blending the mangoes. It makes the milkshake richer and thicker.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! You can also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart