Quick and simple peanut curd chutney with step-wise pictures. This Farali peanut chutney is the best side dish for Thalipeeth!
For the last month or so, I have been regularly making Thalipeeth at home and one of the first things I learnt was this Farali Peanut Curd Chutney, that worked as the best side dish. The best part about this chutney is that it is really simple to make and it is quite flavorful too. With the addition of curd, roasted peanuts and cumin seeds – it is thick and creamy. I served this with dosa and idli too, as it is quite similar to the Bombay Chutney. It is a dish made specially for fasting (vrat) and that’s why it is called Farali Chutney too. To be honest, Thalipeeth can be served as it is or with some curd but with this Peanut Curd Chutney it is oh-so-delicious!
How to make Peanut Curd Chutney | Farali Peanut Chutney –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Peanut Curd Chutney | Farali Peanut Chutney –
1. Grind roasted peanuts, cumin seeds, green chillies into a smooth powder. Add curd and blend smooth.
2. In a pan, heat ghee. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Next add the ground paste and fry for 3-4 mins on low flame.
3. Add salt as needed and add the rest of the 1 cup curd. Whisk well.
4. Cook for another 3-4 mins and add finely chopped coriander leaves. Remove from heat.
5. Serve with Thalipeeth.
- Adjust salt and green chillies as per preference.
- The chutney could be cooked until it is thick and it will harden up as it cools down.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart